Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Thursday 20 February 2014

Holiday Cottage Painting update day 6

Today was very much a do-nothing day, we had no plans at all and intended to spend most of the day in the cottage.

This was quite a coup as this morning I managed to finish off the highlights on those last eleven Moroccan Regulares.



That is all those done so far, here are the entire 48 figures, I just need to do a bit of finishing off, including doing the flag and the bases and then they are ready for their first game.


We went for lunch at a local pub and when we got back I cracked on with some of the other stuff to do.

Firstly I repainted the light grey and gave a sepia wash on those two Mk VI seen earlier in the week. I also sepia washed the other two Mk VI lights.


For my own SCW collection I have a Nationalist light mortar, an army officer and three Guardia Civil that I did the base-coats and a sepia wash on.


I also made a very tentative start on my Panzer I, just some Panzer Grey for starters.


For James I did the base-coat and sepia was on a couple of Nationalist 60mm mortars and a Guardia Civil officer...


... along with a dozen La Legion also for James.


My Regulares are now wrapped in tissue ready for the journey home where they will be finished off. I hope to get at least the Mk VI tanks completed tomorrow and maybe a few of James' La Legion.

9 comments:

  1. 48 figures!!!!

    I think I need to find a a new career! Tesco's anyone? lol :>)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good figures.
    Prompt, why the officer and caid in a blue form? From where such information?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers chaps.
    The officers are in the Green-Grey Nationalist uniform, I think the lighting makes it look quite blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unexpectedly. The form of officers did not differ from a form of privates - the turkish peas, not green

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I had read somewhere that the European officers did wear Nationalist Army uniforms. Oh, well, they are painted now.

      Delete
  4. Impressive work as always, Paul. What is even more impressive is your dedication even while on holiday. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul, that's very impressive on a "do-nothing" day! I'd hate to see you in action on a "really crank these guys out" day :) Seriously, they look terrific - well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was do nothing in the sense of no going out to see the sights of Cornwall, I capitalised on that to really crack on with the painting.

      Delete