Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 19 January 2014

Keren detritus and scree

One of the reasons that I've not done a lot of painting this weekend is that I've been working on some scenic scatter for our Keren '41 game.

I've made 19 pieces of various size from single large boulders to small pieces of scree.

The large boulders are vac-form made by Paul at Kalistra from a master that James Morris made, the small pieces are bark chippings picked up in the park. I started off on Friday evening by cutting out several irregular shaped pieces of chip-board and then hot melt glueing the bark chippings and vac-form on them and also some coarse cock chippings. I then painted the reverse side with PVA to help prevent warping.

On Saturday morning I then stuck down fine cork chippings to give the base some texture. Once dry the base was painted all over with Dulux Dutch Gold No. 3 emulsion and put aside to dry for 12 hours.

Once dried they were given a wash made up of Vallejo Earth Brown, Vallejo Glaze Medium and water and left overnight to dry.

Once dried, I dry-brushed again with Dulux Dutch Gold No. 3, then a mix of Yellow Ochre and Vallejo Pale Sand, then just a light dry-brush of Pale Sand. I finished them off with a few patched of Woodland Scenics clump foliage and small patches of Games Workshop flock.

Unfortunately, shonky flash pictures including some of my Indians to give an idea of the size.






No comments:

Post a Comment