Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 20 June 2012

El Cid - Slow progress for this update

What with eye surgery and then a stinking cold combined with the football being on I have not made as much progress on the El Cid Christian Spanish as I had hoped this last couple of weeks. But today I have put the finishing touches on another character figure, this one will most likely be used to represent my Rey and another 7 Caballeros.

First up the Rey, his presence is announced with a fanfare and a dead Andalusian lies at the feet of his grey.

Rey

Rey

Rey

Rey
I've also done another 7 Caballeros, although four of this batch are un-armoured so are equally suitable as Caballeros Villanos or as Jinettes. Along with the Reys mount you'll notice a couple of greys in this lot too.

Caballeros

Caballeros

Caballeros

I had originally intended for this army to be finished by the end of June so that I could start on the War of Spanish Succession French in July. I only have a few bits left to paint, but 11 days may be a bit of an ask.

3 Caballeros, 23 Mercenary Spearmen, 4 Casualty Markers





3 comments:

  1. Excellent painting. I always add a few unarmoured figures in the units just for variety and as you say can be used to represent Villanos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, 11 days and you'll have cracked them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I've started the second batch of spearmen but unlikely to finish this month as am working away for a few days this week.

    ReplyDelete