Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 20 April 2012

Starting my El Cid Christian Spanish

I have finally made a start on the Christian Spanish for El Cid. We are having another campaign day in October so it was about time I got cracking.

The figures are all from the fantastic Perry Miniatures First Crusade range.

Over the past few weeks, I have cleaned up all the figures and have added some green stuff 'accoutrements' such as turbans, tassled shields, spear pennants etc.

We are having a SAGA themed day in two weeks at the White Hart so I thought I should try to paint up enough figures to do a four point warband, so have sorted out the following:

Infante
8 Cabaleros
8 Peons
8 Crossbowmen

Lots of bare metal


I'll take these out and spray them later and hope to make a start on painting when I get back from visiting Dad in hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to seem more, El Cid period is very colourful and one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Scotty.

    Nine horses painted so far, nine Caballeros base-coated and washed ready for highlights over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete